Random Schacten Starting Age
|+1d12 Years||+2d12 Years||+3d12 Years|
|(36-47 Years)||(37-59 Years)||(38-71 Years)|
Random Schacten Height and Weight
|5 ft. 5 in.||+2d6 in.||80 lbs||+(2d6 x 4 lbs)|
|(5 ft. 7 in. – 6 ft. 5 in.)||(88 – 128 lbs)|
|5 ft. 3 in.||+2d6 in.||70 lbs||+(2d6 x 4 lbs)|
|(5 ft. 5 in. – 6 ft. 3 in.)||(78 – 118 lbs)|
Characterized with darker skin that ranges from pale grey to pitch black, the Schacten are a dark humanoid race, a blend of human and serpent. Though they look to be simply darker humans on the outside, the Schacten are extremely thin, feature sharpened incisors, have a heightened sense of hearing and are cold-blooded, which gives them a weakness to cold. Instead of blemishes of the skin like Moles and Birthmarks, the Schacten will have small patches of scales on their skin as well, but for the most part the Schacten try to pass themselves off as human so they attempt to remove any of these scales from their face with surgery. Human and Reptilian subtypes.
The Schaten can be found in cities or in smaller communities that are usually encountered in deep woods, often challenging the control of the forests with the elves there. Schacten want to be known for who they are and what they do, opposed to what they are. Because of this, they are highly adaptable and strive to become they best at what they do, however this usually is not the case in physical displays, as most Schacten prefer to display their skill in battle, not strength. They are highly praised as politicians and craftsmen, and tend to engage in trade that benefits them highly, leading to most Schacten cities and towns to be very wealthy and advanced.
They do not like to be reminded of their reptilian ancestors and consider it an insult when compared to races such as Lizardmen or Gripplis. This means that Schaten inherently despise other reptilian races and also tend not to like other non-humanoid races. Schacten also tend to have a strong mistrust of elves to the point of open conflict due to deep-rooted “disagreements” over land with bordering elf communities.
Alignment and Religion:
Schacten tend to the lawful end of the spectrum unless their skill set focuses on the misfortune of others, such as Ninjas and Rogues, who are almost always Chaotic. Schacten are very rarely evil because they view that path as contrary to their goals, which are solely to better themselves to show their usefulness to others. They sometimes worship gods, but not regularly. If one does follow a god, they do not advertise it and keep it to themselves. Gods that tend to be worshiped by Schacten are: Abadar, Calistria, Erastil, Irori and Norgorber.
Schacten are usually more skill-based classes and tend not to dabble into magic, though the occasional do. Not much is known about the mysterious Schacten or where they come from, in fact, it sometimes seems that the Schacten come from an entirely different world. Schacten make excellent Alchemists, Gunslingers, Ninjas, Monks and Rangers.
Male Names: Cylldyr, Zhyyt, Rhyrd, Riywer, Tryc, etc.
Female Names: Myll, Vyrdra, Cyr, Skym, Zytilia, etc.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Schacten are quick on their feet and use their minds to solve most problems, however they are not the most adapt to recieving blows. They gain +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma and -2 Constitution.
- Type: Schacten are Aberrations, odd humanoid beings that still retain many of their reptilian traits, such as the ability to see in complete darkness.
- Size: Schacten are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Schacten have a Base Speed of 30 Feet.
- Languages: Schacten begin play speaking Common and Schacten. Schacten with high Intelligence scores can choose any other language, except Druidic.
Defense Racial Traits
- Defensive Training, Greater: Schacten are light on their feet and extremely flexible, granting them an addition +2 Dodge Bonus to AC.
- Improved Natural Armor: The skin of a Schacten is hard and difficult to penetrate, an evolution from the protective scales of their ancestors. Schacten gain a +2 Natural Armor Bonus to AC.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Nimble Attacks: Schacten rely on their quick movements and intelligence to pinpoint weak spots for masimum damage instead of relying on strength and therefore receive Weapon Finesse as a Bonus Feat.
Offense Racial Traits
- Toxic: The blood of a Schacten is poisonous to those who manage to make a Schacten bleed. The Schacten can a number of times a day equal to his/her Constitution Modifier envenom a weapon with saliva.
- Paralytic Poison: The blood slows the reactions of enemies to make it easier for the Schacten to remove the threat. Injury Poison. Save: 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Schacten’s Constitution Modifer. Effect: 1/round for 6 rounds, take 1d2 temorary Dexterity damage. Cure: 1 Save.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: In addition to their ability to see perfectly in the dark up to 60 ft, Schacten have low-light vision, allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Elemental Vulnerability (Fire): Like their ancestors, Schacten do not care for the effects of flame and have a vulnerability to all attacks of that type.
- Elemental Vulnerability (Cold): In addition to the weakness to Fire, Schacten are Cold-Blooded creatures and are also vulnerable to Cold damage.
Alchemist: Gains 1/6 of a new Discovery.
Gunslinger: Add a +1/2 bonus on initiative checks when the gunslinger has at least 1 grit point.
Ninja/Rogue: Gains 1/6 of a new Ninja Trick/Rogue Talent.
Monk: Add ¼ point to the monk’s ki pool.
Ranger: Add +1 to an animal companion’s CMD when adjacent to the ranger. If the ranger ever replaces the animal companion, the new animal companion gains this bonus.