Random Vyrian Starting Age
|+3d6 Years||+5d6 Years||+7d6 Years|
|(43-58 Years)||(45-70 Years)||(47-82 Years)|
Random Vyrian Height and Weight
|5 ft.||+2d8 in.||140 lbs||+(2d8 x 4 lbs)|
|(5 ft. 2 in. – 6 ft. 6 in.)||(148 – 204 lbs)|
|4 ft. 10 in.||+2d8 in.||120 lbs||+(2d8 x 4 lbs)|
|(5 ft. – 6 ft. 4 in.)||(128 – 184 lbs)|
The Vyrian race are denizens of Abaddon, the plane of Daemons and other Neutral Evil monstrosities. However, Vryian are not all of the same alignment as their neighbors, in fact the Vyrian are known as the Hunters or the Stalkers by the creatures of the evil planes. Vyrian live among those that they hunt in a constant struggle to stay alive in such a hostile environment, living either as hermits or in small mobile groups so to not incite a massive organized daemon offensive against themselves. Vyrian learn at a very young age to live by themselves and when and how to pick fights, only doing what is necessary to stay alive, meaning that old Vyrian are very rare sights in Abaddon. However, if put into a group, a Vyrian can be a very useful gauge of how battles are progressing and can help support the party via Survival knowledge.
Vyrians commonly cover themselves in black clothing, usually large cloaks that cover most of their body from the neck down. They commonly keep their heads free of clothing so to keep all of their senses at their peak, as it is imperative for Vyrian to be aware at all times to not fall prey to the daemons and other foul creatures they hunt. Their skin is usually shades of brown to dark green and their hair usually matches their skin color. They have 6 fingers on each hand that help them in climbing and the bones in their arms extend past their elbows into a point, which help them be more aerodynamic. They do not have horns on their heads, like many of the evil plane denizens, but do have small spikes jutting forward from the back of their palms toward the tips of the fingers which act as handguards and as a tool to help Vyrian latch onto precarious ledges while climbing. Vyrian also have three eyes, one on the forehead and two more closer to their ears which allow them to see 360 degrees around themselves.
Vyrian are usually solitary beings since they need to survive in extremely harsh environments and the less to keep track of, the better. This is one of the reasons that the Vyrian race are few and far between, since Vyrian are content to spend their lives moving from one place to another alone and thus do not always mind someone to produce more Vyrian. Sometimes, Vyrian travel in small groups, which usually produce small Vyrian families, but the two Vyrian must first come across one another in the Abaddon waste.
Vyrian don’t usually interact with other humanoid races, the extent of their interaction with these races are if they happen to wander into the Abaddon plane since many Vyrian do not get the chance to travel to other planes. How they would react when in the presence of other races would likely vary, but they would not become the charismatic center of the group, even though they may take up the position of intelligent leader.
Alignment and Religion:
Vyrian are not inherintly evil, even though they are denizens of Abaddon. Some are hardened by the life they live and become evil like the beings they hunt but for the most part they stay exclusively neutral. Good Vyrian are almost unheard of, unless the Vyrian in question was not born and raised in as harsh of an environment as Abaddon. They also don’t worship gods usually, as they believe in their own strength to guide them and keep them alive, they will actually consider the worship of a deity foolish or weak.
As Adventurers, Vyrian Are very capable physical fighters, commonly sticking to ranged combat or Wizardry, as best compliments their high intelligence. They can do up-close fighting too and if they do they they would rather use larger swords and other bladed weapons, not smaller weapons like daggers, which they consider too small to take out real foes, the ones they commonly face in Abaddon.
Male Names: Khral, Arorokn, Raot, Alon, etc.
Female Names: Araciel, Entam, Izmaun, Exiel, etc.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Vyrian are quick learners and are able to retain a large ammount of information and they also make very capable fighters, but their lack of inter-species interaction leads them to be less vocal than others. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +6 Intelligence and -2 Charisma.
- Type: Vyrian are outsiders native to the plane of Abaddon, known as the Hunters of Daemons to the evil beings there.
- Size: Vyrian are medium sized, sharing similar qualities to humans, fetchlings and tieflings.
- Base Speed: Vyrian have a base speed of 40ft and as such are a little faster than most humanoid beings.
- Languages: Vyrian begin play speaking Common and Vyrian. Vyrian with high Intelligence scores can choose from Abyssal, Aklo, Draconic, Ignan, Infernal, and Undercommon.
Defense Racial Traits
- Defensive Training, Greater: Vyrian are light on their feet and were taught at a young age the art of the dodge, granting them an addition +2 Dodge Bonus to AC.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Quick Reactions: Vyrian learned that he who strikes first often has the upper hand and thus have attuned their senses to be the first to act. They gain Improved Initiative as a bonus feat.
- Skill Training: Vyrian are forced at a young age to be highly aware of their surroundings at all times, they always consider Perception and Survival a class skill.
Movement Racial Traits
- Climb: Vyrian are highly adept climbers, often having to scale the tough terrain of Abaddon in seconds to avoid death. They have a climb speed of 20 feet and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a Climb speed normally grants.
- Fast: Vyrian must be quick to catch their daemonic prey and thus have a faster movement speed. Their base speed is increased by 10 feet, adding up to a 40 feet base speed instead of the standard 30 feet.
Senses Racial Traits
- All-Around Vision: Vyrian have three eyes they use to see 360 degrees around themselves, granting them improved perception. Vyrian gain a +4 racial bonus to Perception checks and also are immune to flanking.
- Low-Light Vision: Vyrian also develop the ability to see well in conditions of dim light in their youth and thus gain Low-Light Vision 60 Feet along with Darkvision 60 Feet from being an Outsider.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Negative Energy Affinity: the Vyrian race developed a weakness to positive energy in their extended time in Abaddon, meaning they are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy.
Fighter: Add +1/2 to damage rolls the fighter makes with weapon attacks against an opponent he is flanking or an opponent that is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC.
Gunslinger: Add +1/2 to the bonus on initiative checks the gunslinger makes while using his/her gunslinger initiative deed.
Inquisitor: Add a +1/2 bonus on Intimidate checks to demoralize humanoids.
Magus: Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks made to cast defensively.
Ranger: Add a +1/2 bonus on Perception and Survival checks made on the Plane of Abaddon.
Witch: Add +5 feet to the distance at which his/her familiar grants the Alertness feat (maximum +20 feet).
Wizard: Add one spell from the wizard spell list to wizard’s spellbook. The spell must be at or below the highest level he/she can cast and be of the destruction (fire) subschool or have the fire descriptor.